PREVENTIVE DENTAL CARE IN NJ
Preventive Dental Care Made Simple By A Top Dentist In NJ
Preventive dental care is important throughout your life, no matter your age. By practicing good oral hygiene at home and scheduling regular checkups with your dentist, you can keep your smile bright and healthy for many years to come. As NJ’s favorite smile dentist, Dr. Valerie Barba suggests a few simple ways that you can prevent the build-up of plaque and cavities:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Use fluoride toothpaste to remove food particles and plaque from the tooth surfaces. Also be sure to brush the top surface of your tongue; this will remove any extra plaque-causing food particles, and help keep your breath fresh!
- Clean between your teeth by flossing at least once a day. You should also use a mouthwash to help kill bacteria and freshen your breath. Decay-causing bacteria can linger between teeth where toothbrush bristles can't reach. Floss and mouthwash will help remove plaque and food particles from between the teeth and under the gum line.
- Eat a balanced diet and avoid extra-sugary treats. Nutritious foods such as raw vegetables, plain yogurt, cheese, or fruit can help keep your smile healthy.
- Remember to schedule regular checkups with your Jersey Shore dentist, Valerie Barba, DDS, FAGD, every six months for professional teeth cleaning.
- Ask Dr. Barba about dental sealants, protective plastic coatings that can be applied to the chewing surfaces of the back teeth where decay often starts.
- If you play sports, be sure to ask Dr. Barba about special mouthguards designed to protect your smile.
If it's been six months since your last dental checkup, then it's time to contact our Manasquan dental spa and schedule your next appointment.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT FOR A COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION
Convenient Online Scheduling
The first step toward achieving a beautiful, healthy smile is to schedule an appointment. Click on the “Schedule Appointment” button for convenient online scheduling!